Here are the last workshops attended by members of the JEMU team. Training material can be shared on demand.
- Workshop of the DiSSCo Flanders DNA collection working group, Databanking DNA collection, 28 October 2022, online, Gontran Sonet
- Workshop of the DiSSCo Flanders DNA collection working group, Biodiversity Biobank day, 22 June 2022, Antwerp, Gontran Sonet
- Workshop of the DiSSCo Flanders DNA collection working group, Optimising DNA collection management: How can standard operating procedures (SOPs) help?, 24 February 2022, online, Gontran Sonet
- Ecological and evolutionary studies on DNA methylation in plants and animals: How to analyse DNA methylation patterns using bisulfite sequencing (BS-seq) and single-molecule Oxford Nanopore sequencing, organized by Physalia, 15-18 November 2021,Berlin, Germany, Carl Vangestel.
- Introduction to Palaeogenomics – concepts, methods and applications of ancient human and non-human DNA data, postgraduate course of 25 hours (1 ECTS), organized by Transmitting Science, 17-21 May 2021, online, taught by Dr. Marcela Sandoval Velasco and Dr. Jazmín Ramos-Madrigal (University of Copenhagen, Denmark), Carl Vangestel and Gontran Sonet.
- SeqStudio Operation training, training on the operation of the new DNA capillary sequencer of the laboratory of molecular systematics of the RBINS provided by Dr. Nicolas Dauchot, field Application Scientist of Life Sciences Solutions (ThermoFisher Scientific), 12 January 2021, 1 day training, RBINS, Brussels, Belgium, Gontran Sonet.
- Introduction to Deep Learning for biologists, organized by Physalia, online, 28 September-1 October 2020, Carl Vangestel.
- qPCR training (theoretical and in the lab), 22 January 2019, RBINS, Brussels, Belgium, Gontran Sonet, Carl Vangestel.
- DSI-Info Day, How will digital sequence information (DSI) be addressed under the Convention on biological diversity?, organized by ANB (Flanders Agency Nature & Forests), the Belgian Biodiversity Platform, EWI (Flanders Department Economy, Science and Innovation), RBINS (Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences) and VLIR (Vlaamse Interuniversitaire Raad), 09 May 2019, Brussels, Belgium, Gontran Sonet.
- Phylogenomics, organized by Physalia, 20-24 May 2019, Berlin, Germany, Carl Vangestel, Nele Mullens.